Secure Your Experience
Protect your online and mobile banking experience.
Luther Burbank’s online and mobile banking services make it easy for you to securely manage your accounts. Stay vigilant and protect your personal and account information by following these security measures:
- Always validate a website’s URL to ensure that you are visiting a legitimate site.
- Only download the Luther Burbank app from authorized sites.
- Be skeptical of unexpected emails requesting you to click a link, open an attachment or provide personal or account information online.
- Inspect incoming email addresses carefully to ensure that the correct domain appears.
- Do not respond to emails or texts with urgent requests for personal information.
- Beware of unprompted phone calls and never provide personal or account information.
- Use different passwords for each login and change them often. Never give out passwords. If an account has been compromised, change your password immediately.
Cybercriminals may use several methods of attack when attempting to steal personal and account information, including:
Cybercriminals may set up fake banking websites in an attempt to obtain your login credentials. When accessing Luther Burbank’s website, verify its authenticity by looking for the following URLs:
Unauthorized Banking Apps
Cybercriminals may create fake sites offering a bank’s app for download. Do not attempt to download apps from non-trusted sources as they may contain malware or attempt to trick you into providing personal or account information.
Note: The Luther Burbank app is only available for download through the App Store and Google Play.
Cybercriminals may use a fake caller ID to pose as your bank and scam you into providing personal or account information over the phone. If you receive such a call, hang up and call Luther Burbank using a known number.
Phishing emails may claim to be from your bank requesting personal or account information. Remember to never click on suspicious links or unexpected attachments and always be skeptical of any email which includes:
- Fake Email Address
- Urgent Request
- Personal Information Request
- Suspicious Link
Phishing texts may claim to be from your bank and include urgent requests to close your account or warnings that your account has been locked or deactivated. These messages may ask you to call a number, visit a website or respond by text with your personal or account information. Watch out for texts that include a suspicious sender (a text from an unknown number) or an unprompted identity request.
Important: Luther Burbank will never ask for personal or account information by email or text.